The Gardiner Association of Businesses (GAB) is a network for the Gardiner area business community. Run by small business owners, people who both live and work here, we know the town of Gardiner, NY inside and out and we want others to get to know it just as well.
The first settlers in the region were Huguenots from France. Gardiner was created from parts of New Paltz, Rochester, and Shawangunk by an act of New York State Legislature on April 2, 1853. It was named for Lieutenant Governor Addison Gardiner. In 1925, a sizable fire destroyed a large part of Gardiner village which only encouraged settlers to start anew and bring growth and prosperity to the small town.
Gardiner is located at the center of Ulster County, bordered by Kerhonkson to the North and West, to the North by New Paltz, to the West by Wawarsing, to the East by Plattekill, and to the South by Shawangunk. The town has a total of 44.9 square miles.